Finding "The ONE"
Discovering the right home should be an exciting event.
As a Realty ONE Group sales professional, my commitment is to make your home search as stress—free and efficient for you as possible.
- Indentifying up front what is affordable will save time & frustration. It is important to consider the financial options available to you and begin the pre-approval process ASAP
- After we go over your wants and needs, I'll search for properties currently on the market that meet your criteria.
- We'll plan for time to look at homes and neighborhoods. I will schedule showing appointments for prospective properties.
- Regardless of where you find a house that interests you (Zillow, Craigslist, For Sale By Owner, or real estate magazine), call me additional information. I can obtain important facts while saving time, hassle & duplicated effort.
- If the seller or seller's licensee is at the property when you are, it would be best for you to limit your conversation with them regarding the property.
- In order to help me find the right home for you, please share your thoughts about each property you see--the positives and the negatives.
- Time is of the essence. iI you see a property you like, don't hesitate to let me know ASAP. I receive texts 24/7 and I'll respond as soon as I can!
Determine the price you want to offer
- The price the seller is asking may or not reflect realistic market value, I recommend you don't fall "in love" with a house until it records in your name.
- I will help you determine current value by doing a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) looking at properties in similiar size, location and age that are currently active or have sold within the past year.
- We take into consideration costs associated with purchasing this property and request a loan cost sheet from your lender.
Other important issues to consider...
- Are there any items of personal property you would like the seller to consider including with the house?
- Who will be preforming the home inspection? I am happy to make recommendations.
- Will you want to include a home warranty? It's good for a year, separate from home insurance and can give peace of mind. We can discuss the benefits and different packages available to you.
- When do you want to take possession of the house?
- The due diligence period is defined in the purchase & sales contract, allowing the buyer to discover all they can about the property before taking ownership.
- Time is of the essence. If you have doubts, they need to be addressed immediately.
- Whenever new information is presented, the buyer gets time to review and decide if they want to continue with the purchase.
- New information includes, but is not limited to; written property disclosures, inspection reports, title reports, and physical walkthroughs.
Completing the Home Purchase
- The seller has three choices: accept, counter or reject the offer.
- If there is a Counter Offer, the buyer can choose to accept, reject or counter it.
- Once all documents are signed by both parties, we have a fully executed contract.
- The next step is scheduling the home inspection and finalizing the home loan.
- Average time between the accepted offer and closing on the property is 45 days.
- I maintain good communication with all parties to ensure the contract is followed, deadlines are met and there are no surprises.